Thursday, January 6, 2011

For those we lost winter 2010/2011

I will remember. Even as the thought of you fades away from the forefront of my days this magic brain will cover over the pain and tuck you away in song lyrics and certain kinds of rainy days. You’ll twist into my DNA and I will take the time to write your name out in the way I walk this path or shake my ass - in the freedom of my laugh and in the easy way I give my love to those who ask and need it much. I will remember that I am not the paver of this street or the progenitor of the beat that pumps my blood and moves my feet. I am a humble follower; a journey incomplete. There is still so much to be done and we will carry on the work that you began, each in our own way as we can. This sadness turned to hope will help us cope with the ending of another long December. Goodnight my love. You will be missed. I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment