Sunday, January 30, 2011

Late Sunday night free write

He is incredible
a black hole
and I think I would like to be focused
to a single point
so I hit the accelerator
and rush toward the event horizon
Smile revealing that
perhaps I've always wanted this kind of
explosive
Wide open
euphoric
glee filled
love

unexpectedly I pour on
a seemingly endless font
Finite for sure
but boundaries mistaken
expanding
redrawn in a new generation of poems
that know now what the old ones had only guessed at
I might have been doing it wrong
It's easy to play the game of love
but if you really want to know the stakes
then procreate
get some DNA in the game
and watch helplessly as everything changes

and I'm not saying if you don't have babies then you don't know real love
You love
I know
You love in passioned glances, in dirty corners, in silky beds, lurid mouths open, sweat filled bodies covering
Both women and men
In twos and threes
You have a knack for it
I see
and I say
Love on brave children
There are many loves to know
do what you do - just be careful


This is my new love
only three years old
and his light lives or dies by the smile in my eyes
I am responsible
Everything else I love in this world can take care of itself
Can pack their stuff and go
But he
He clings to me
Like a satellite
Like a sister star
Like skin, or a thought for paper
a voice to mic
He teaches me to love things right
The Spider Man way
Because love is a power - a great one
and I have wielded mine irresponsibly for too long
destroying dreams as easy as colliding galaxies
but he
He changes me
He makes me better
He requires more
He sits at the center
holding all the pieces together
maintaining order and a sense of inevitability
showing the depth of me
and I am an order in the chaos
I am something too large to be devoured by need
I am a lover
sure
But more, I am a father
I am a teacher
A light that will not be obscured
And he
before I leave this world
He will see me reach the singularity
and He will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment